First: what is your story?
Our homes are fundamental to the way we live. They express who we are and play a central role in allowing us to live the way we want to.
Think about your life, your loves, your experiences, and how you live in your home. Every design should capture your essence and reflect who you are and your lifestyle.
“A well designed home that specifically suits you is a pleasure to live in.”
– Janita Norman, Lead Building Designer
From the outset the vision must be clear.
Knowing why you are building directly informs the design. Articulating why you are building and what you want to achieve will ensure that design is aligned with that vision.
- Why am I building?
- Who will live in our home?
- How old are our kids and what do they like to do?
- Do members of our extended family live with us or visit for long periods of time?
- Is this our “forever home”?
- Will the home need to adapt to changing life and family circumstances?